Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Sister for Sale!!!

BLOGGERS BEWARE- This is not my typical Blog! I feel like I am 9 years old again!

OK I am not trying to sale her, just trying introduce her to someone who would want to sweep her off her feet. But here goes.

Wanted: one Christian, single, non-scary, cool, fun, down to earth, guy's guy age 25-30 to fall madly in love with my sister, date appropriately, pop the question, go through pre-marital and live, well you know, like the rest of us, struggling at times in areas, but striving and joyful!

My sister graduated from ACU, she is fun, fit, and has a great personality but don't let that scare you... she was voted "most beautiful" in a graduating class of over 600. Why isn't she hooked up? Why aren't you? BECAUSE you haven't met each other yet! So come on...time's a wasting! Post a comment.

Why, you ask, have I become so blatant and verging desperate? ...let me count the ways...

1.My Mom keeps saying "I wish your sister would meet a nice young man like Rob. Introduce her to someone." (Like I have this secret guy I am with holding!)Well Rob is my husband and he is married with two children. In that sense I hope she does not meet anyone like Rob! But really, the pressure is on her and being upped a notch because I married this guy we all love. I feel sorry for her.

2.Second, it is my daughters lifelong goal to go to Disney World and to be a flower girl. The budget will not allow the trip any time soon. AND she is SIX already. Pretty soon we are talking Jr. Bridesmaid age! As a Mom I hate to see all my little girls dreams shattered.

3.I would like the hope of having cousins for my children. I would be a great aunt! I have to have someone to buy loud toys for!

ALL WE NEED IS THE RIGHT GUY!

So help me out here blog family...if my sister ever starts blogging or gets wind of this, you may be the only family I have! Let's get those comments a coming!!!

7 comments:

John Owens said...

SG, thanks for visiting my Blog. I guess you read the post about why I'm not married. Well, as much as I appreciate your advertisement, and leaving a comment directing me to it, I must say that you might want to watch your back, because your sister is probably coming after you soon.

Your sister sounds way out of my league, but thanks for the offer. I hope you get a good price for her and that your daughter makes Flower Girl before her biological clock strikes Jr. Bridesmaid.

SG said...

My sister actually did find out about the blog, because I told her. She thought it was funny. She is cool with the whole thing. She said something about only my stay-home Mom friends reading it, and it wasn't anything I hadn't said to them before. She laughed! I told you she is a great catch! Seriously!

Travis said...

Having known the above "multi-commenting and deleting" Jon for going on 7 years, I would disagree with his statement. Jon is a wonderful guy! If I, with my dorkiness and chubbiness, can score a hottie like my wife, Jon can as well. He would make a fine husband for any girl out there. He's got a job, a car, a worship CD, and a nice blog. He can sing, dance, preach, teach, fall through walls--and to top it all off, he introduced me to the whole concept of grace. So, don't believe Jon's self-deprication. He's a great guy.

By the way, Jon, if you are reading...can I have some money?

SG said...

Travis,
I didn't buy it...not for a minute! BUT what can I do? If he says he isn't interested...even for a lame, untrue reason, I can only take him at his word! But please pass this along to any others might be interested!
:-}

John Owens said...

What's all this talking about me behind my back here? Travis, I'll send you money if you keep making me look half that good. SG, I didn't say I wasn't interested. Good night, #1 out of 600? Yowza. That's just out of my league. Obviously you haven't read all the posts on my blog. Please go and read the post from Jan. 18th titled, "Mr. Owen...tear down that wall." It will give you more of an idea of what you're dealing with. :) The best part is that over 2200 students got to hear this story a few weeks ago at Lipscomb's IMPACT.

SG said...

So you think you are a dork.
Hate to tell you, but I too am quite a dork at times. In fact I come from a long line of dorks. It can be an endearing quality.
January 18th is my Dad's birthday.
You don't want to know my husbands first comment about me was when we met. Who does league determinations in real life anyway? I would like to see a post about that....hmmm. Food for thought.

Travis said...

Sorry for talking about you behind your back, Jon. If you'd come visit me, I'd talk to your front.

I take it all back. #1 out of 600 is out of your league. That is, unless she was #1 our of 600 in the "Donut-eating contest". Ha ha ha. I'm so funny.

I hate that I missed the telling of the "falling through the wall" story at impact. Did it make it to the skits?